Week 12 Story Lab: Advice for Writers

This week, instead of writing a story I've decided to browse the Advice to Writers website and compile a couple of the things I saw.

One thing I read that I liked was advice from writer Kimberly King Parsons, who talked quite a bit about writer's block and what to do when you find yourself unable to write. One of the things she said to cure writer's block was to change up your routine or get a change of scenery. Having a little adventure, even if it's a small one, can cause even the smallest of inspiration to strike. And sometimes that's all you need to get the creative juices flowing-- a little inspiration.

Another piece of advice that I liked was from writer Kate Angus, who talked about the value of being stubborn in writing. Know what you want, and know what you need to do to get there. Be sure to push for what you want and make sure that you know your worth. Working hard, and showing others what you can do is what's important.

Lastly, a good piece of advice that I found was from writer Michelle Rial. She thinks that what's important is valuing positivity, and making sure that you have a good outlook on your situation. I think that that's a great piece of advice, especially in writing, because a lot of the time it might be difficult to be a writer. A lot of rejection is involved, and that can make anyone feel negatively about a situation. But it's important to have hope and push through in order to achieve your goals.

Inspirational Cat Meme. Source: Cat Meme Blog.

Comments

  1. Hey Abbi! I clicked on your story lab because I need advice for writing so I figured it could be helpful. I really enjoyed the main points that you found interesting from this website. I find myself having writers block often with these stories that we are writing every week. It can sometimes be difficult to be creative or even just re write the story in a different way. Thanks for sharing this advice!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts