Growth Mindset: The Power of Yet

Today, I watched a video that Janelle Monae did with Sesame Street called "The Power of Yet". Building on this post that I made last week discussing the power of working hard and believing in yourself, I want to share some more thoughts that I have on growing as a person.

Failure is sometimes inevitable. You're human, and you make mistakes, so you won't always get everything right. You might struggle, and you might not initially understand why something isn't working out the way you want it to. But, you have to keep trying and keep going, because you owe it to yourself to learn from your mistakes and grow. Think of how satisfied you're going to feel when you finally get it right.

I don't know about you all, but I love being right. But, I'm wrong sometimes; everyone is. The video I watched today taught me a lesson similar to that of the paragraph above: even if you make mistakes, you need to keep trying so you'll get it right one day. And, when you initially make the mistake, if you tell yourself that it's okay, you didn't get it today but one day YOU WILL, it just hasn't happened YET, you'll feel better. That's the power of yet. Elmo approved.

A meme made by me using ImgFlip.com.

Comments

Popular Posts