Week 8 Reading and Writing

This week, instead of reading a new unit and compiling my notes, I'm reflecting on different elements of my work in my mythology and folklore class. Reflection is always nice, and it's definitely a nice change of pace.

Let's talk about my blog first. I think I still like the layout; with all the pictures included in each of my posts, my home page is very lively and colorful. I might think about changing it slightly so that the banner at the top is not so huge and distracting, but maybe that's a thought for another time. I think my blog posts are pretty great, I don't think I would change them. My reading notes might take a long time to do, so I might think about shortening them somehow. As far as my stories go, I think I could be a little more creative in the future in writing them. Some of them seem kind of stale to me. I'm not sure how to make that immediately better, but I'll try to put some more time into telling my stories in the future.

Now, let's talk about my storybook website. I really love it, and I don't think there's anything I would change just yet. I think the layout looks nice, the color scheme works pretty well, and the stories are great. I can tell that this project is where all my creativity goes because I've worked so hard on it so far.

I think, going forward, that I'm going to try to shorten my reading notes a bit, or learn to take better notes somehow so that they don't take as much work but they accomplish the same goals that my old notes did. I think, too, that I'm going to try to think a little harder about telling my stories and making them a little more enjoyable and creative.

Elmo thinking. Source: Giphy.


Comments

  1. Hello Abbi!
    I really relate to this post. Earlier in the semester I did a reflection on my work in this class and I was also pleased with my results. Although this class has been a lot of work I feel good about being able to look back on it and have a sense of pride of the time I have poured into it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts