Week 6 Story Lab: Storybook Research

This week, instead of writing a story about my readings, I've decided to do some more research about my project, mainly with pictures. I want to find some nice pictures to include in my project.

Medusa, 1895. Source: Wikimedia Commons.


Atalanta and Meleager, 1616. Source: Wikimedia Commons.

Atalanta and Hippomenes. Source: Wikimedia Commons.

The Amazons, 1820. Source: Wikimedia Commons.

Penthesilea, by Arturo Michelena. Source: Wikimedia Commons.

Penthesilea, Amazonian Queen. Source: Wikimedia Commons.

As you can see above, I found quite a few older paintings that I could use in my project. I found an extra painting for Medusa, even through I probably don't need any more pictures of her. It's always nice to have extra. I found a few paintings for Atalanta- one for either of the major stories of her life, the boar hunt and the foot race. I also found a good cover painting for my page about the Amazons, and I found a few good paintings for Penthesilea, who I know will be a big part of my project. These pictures will be really valuable, I think, because they add another historical element to the project. 

Comments

Popular Posts